- We reaffirmed through resolution, that we are committed to a diverse, supportive, and inclusive community.
- We began sourcing our Town’s electricity from renewable energy sources;
- We adopted a Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan, which includes the green bike lanes you see around Town;
- We worked with our schools to expand the Safe Routes to School program;
- We piloted the Senior Transportation program to aid older residents;
- We streamlined regulations with the goals of enhancing our community and economic vitality.
- We strengthened the Town’s smoking ordinance and began licensing tobacco retailers;
- We balanced the Town’s budget and completed negotiations with three unions; and
- We approved the use of town-owned property on Ditto’s Lane for teacher housing.
As your council member, my priorities going forward will include a number of important issues.
- Working with Caltrans and regional stakeholders to ease traffic, which is essential for protecting our quality of life;
- Collaborating with our five school districts to ensure we give all our children every opportunity to succeed in an increasingly competitive world;
- Protecting our vibrant local economy, which is why I have worked to streamline regulations during my time on the Town Council with an eye on safeguarding the long-term vitality of our Town;
- Embracing our diverse community. Los Gatos is a mix of senior living, historic neighborhoods, apartment complexes, five distinct school districts, bustling streets, rural lanes, and so much more. The Town Council must give voice and representation to the needs of everyone in Los Gatos.
With my energy and many years of experience in public service, I am working hard each day to provide strong leadership on these issues and to help our community address the challenges we face as we build a brighter future.